Slideshow

Friday, May 28, 2010

Hard to understand concepts

When making my quizzes, one might wonder why at times a set of questions may seem repetitious or long winded. There are certain concepts that I have really fully understood whilst making the quizzes. This is why I really love this way of learning! As I am going step by step, understanding the building blocks of the concepts, I am making questions as I go along. These are the quizzes that I make it a point to review a couple of times before the exam. This is the beauty of this method of learning. The quiz is specifically for you. One might argue that it takes way too long to make a quiz. True, it does but a quiz that is done soon after a lecture is presented is very easily done because the alternate answer choices are right in front of you. I learned that instructors will use content that is fresh to you as alternates in multiple choice questions. Yes, there will be those alternates that stand out, but all too often the question that we get stuck on is the one with two answer choices that were both presented in the same lecture. If I have not convinced you yet to find a way to test yourself, that is okay, it is not for everyone. If you would like to try it, I highly recommend quizzes as a way of navigating through medical school!

No comments:

Post a Comment